Friday, April 1, 2011

Research

In this Science lesson, we were given time to work on our Scientific Thinking Project research. For our group, we divided the tasks so that each of us has a specific work to accomplish.

I learnt that there are food, such as carrots, coals, lemons, etc., that are able to aid in the reproduction of the bacteria. Well, my task was to research on carrots and my other teammates are tasked to research on other food for the bacteria. We have to research on them so that the results of our experiments would be better and more accurate.

I also learnt that carrots are carriers for bacteria contaminants due to them being exposed during handling, packaging, etc. I also found out that E.coli, bacteria that is used in our experiment, can contaminate a fresh and preserved product which in turn can cause us to have illnesses.

(Carrots)

Sources: Google Images, http://www.livestrong.com/article/170387-carrots-food-poisoning/

No comments:

Post a Comment