Thursday, July 29, 2010

Workbook: Chapter 5 - Elements, Compounds and Mixtures

Today, we continued doing the same worksheet as we did yesterday. The lesson was also sort of interesting. Although I had quite a number of wrong answers when doing the worksheet, I felt that I understand more about the topic once Madam Riza and our classmates went through the answers together.


I used to think that the melting point of impure ice is higher than that of pure ice. But I was wrong. Now, after going through the answer, I think that ice which is made from pure water that do not contain impurities has higher melting point than an ice which is made from salt water and so called impure ice.


I also used to think that the layer of protective metal covering the iron is to make the iron becomes stronger. As you know, I was still wrong. But now I think that the protective layer of metal is to protect the iron from rusting as when iron is contacted with moisture and oxygen, it will rust.


Anyway, I came across a quote: "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new" - By Albert Einstein. I really agree with this quote and I also like it very much! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment